Recipes for the Fall Season
Wild Rice Pilaf with Cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups Eden Wild Rice, washed until water runs clear, rinse and drain
- 4 cups spring water
- 1 pinch Masu 100% Sea Water Salt
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup small diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, sliced 1 inch long, blanched 2 minutes, rinse under cold water
- 2 cups organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen, blanched 2 minutes, rinse under cold water
- 6 ounces Eden Dried Cranberries, (1 1/2 pkgs.)
- 1 cup pecans, dry pan roasted, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Mitoku Ume Vinegar, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Virgin Sesame Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Place the rice, water and sea salt in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the cover, turn the flame up slightly and cook off any remaining liquid. Place the rice in a large mixing bowl and fluff to cool. Add all remaining ingredients, toss to mix and serve room temperature or chilled.
Thanksgiving Teriyaki Tofu
This classic Japanese dish, popular worldwide, is characterized by
the very satisfying and sweet taste of soy sauce.
Excellent to serve to your family and friends this Thanksgiving!
For the Sauce
Drain the tofu thoroughly then coat with flour.
Heat the oil in a pan then fry the tofu until it turns golden, remove from heat.
Place the sauce ingredients together in a pan, simmer gently until thickened.
Toss the coated tofu in the sauce, taking care to coat the tofu evenly, then serve.
Sprinkle with chopped scallions and/or sesame seeds, to taste.
*Try replacing the tofu with vegetables of your choice, prepared in the same way as the tofu.
Grape Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Preheat oven to 350°. Place almonds and rolled oats in a blender or food processor and grind very fine. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend together sweeteners and oil. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix well. Form dough into walnut-size balls. Place on an oiled baking sheet. Press down in the center using your thumb to form an indentation. Place a dab of grape butter in each center. Bake 10 minutes. These cookies have a tendency to spread so leave space between cookies. Enjoy!
Hot Cup of Azuki & Brown Rice Instant Coffee
Put about 1 tablespoon of brown rice coffee into a mug, pour about 1 Cup of boiling water, stir well, and enjoy.
You can also add milk (Soy, Rice, Almond, or Oat Milk) or maple syrup or another sweetner, if desired. Drink Hot or add ice cubes for a delicious iced coffee.